High beginners usually try to achieve the level of semi-professionals in handicaps. To make this dream come true, he or she won’t do without a great golf driver. Each set of golf clubs should have a few high-performance drivers to improve the speed of swings. Many years of my experience and tests proved that there are a few essential criteria to look for in drivers if you are a high beginner.
The guide for golfers – things to consider when selecting a golf driver
- Pay attention to the head shape of a driver. It can be square or round. The shape results in different performance and high beginners must pick drivers that are good and convenient for swinging. I recommend buying drivers with round heads because they are awesome to practice golf drills and increase the swing’s speed. Besides, such drivers won’t be stuck on the lawn and turf;
- The shaft’s length also matters – the general advice is to purchase a driver compatible with a golfer’s height. Otherwise, too long shafts will result in bad performance and low speed of swings;
- Also, make sure that the driver’s head material is whether titanium, zinc, aluminum or stainless steel. Shafts must be made of graphite or steel;
- Opt for drivers with high lofts in case you want to skip any side spins, it is quite important for beginners. Also, a high loft helps to achieve the ball going high, i.e. to determine the direction and angle of the flying ball;
As for the price, my budget for a new golf driver at the semi-professional level is usually average, do not buy too cheap or expensive clubs – they have to be just fine to practice a lot.
My top 5 best golf drivers for high beginners:
- PGX offers a good driver for right-hand players, with a headcover included;
- TaylorMade produces great custom graphite drivers for left-hand men and women;
- TaylorMade is another custom driver for right-hand ladies;
- Cobra manufactures awesome drivers made of Aldila NV, with a regular flex;
- Cleveland drivers are made of graphite and have a regular flex;
Interesting Video: TaylorMade RocketBallz Driver
What drivers do you use or did use? I intended to help beginners, but, surely, my top is not that expert and full, so I’m ready to update this review.