The women’s golf game differs from the men’s golf game. While men hit the ball with more speed, the swing speed of most women is slightly lower. To achieve an appropriate distance, men’s and women’s golf clubs differ in terms of the components used and the specifications (such as loft).
A women’s golf set helps women to simply get the ball in the air and achieve the maximum distance. The standard length of the clubs’ shafts for ladies is also about 1 inch shorter than their men’s clubs, due to the difference in the body size.
What are the best women’s golf clubs?
- Irons and wedges – individual irons 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 are usually supplemented by 2 wedges: pitching wedge and sand wedge. The irons are needed to hit the balls at shorter distances. The irons are designed for precision. With a full swing, the gradation between the individual irons and wedges should be between 7 and 10 meters. With this scaling your golf set is perfectly suited to hit the green accurately;
- Fairway woods are the clubs that produce the greatest distance after a driver. The shaft is quite long, the wood’s head is relatively compact. A fairway wood develops its full potential on the short grass of the fairway or from the tee-off, but then very poorly teed up. The flight of the ball is relatively flat, with less backspin for additional distance gained by rolling after landing;
- A putter is used to hold the ball on the green. The putter gives confidence and a good feeling for direction control. The individual club head shapes differ in their characteristics;
- Rescue clubs (Hybrid) – distances between the fairway wood and the irons are tackled. The trajectory with a hybrid is similar to that of an iron, i.e. slightly higher with more backspin for good distance control and less rolling after landing;
- Drivers in a women’s golf club set, the driver has the sole right to tee off. The maximum distance gain is the purpose of the driver. Women’s drivers are often equipped with a loft between 12 and 15 degrees. This provides a higher ball flight for the greatest possible distance. Very athletic women with a fast swing should rather consider a model with the 12-14 degree loft range, whereas most female golfers make the best choice when picking a driver with the 13-16 degree loft.
Top 5 best women’s golf clubs, according to Golf-Hook.com:
- Believe offers 2 hybrid irons for ladies, each club has 4 matching head covers;
- Top Performance club is good for right-handed ladies, this model has a lightweight graphite shaft;
- Callaway model is equipped with the jailbreak tech, the shaft is made of the exotic material called Quaranta;
- Wedgewood Golf is awesome for right-handed golfers, with the clubs made of graphite shafts;
- AGXGOLF is also for right-handed people, the shaft is made of graphite, the loft is 10.5 degrees;
Video Tutorial: What To Look For in Women’s Golf Clubs
What clubs should a standard club set for women have? Usually, a lady can opt for the set with 3 woods, 7 irons, 2 wedges, and a putter. Surely, you may pick other brands and models of clubs for the lady’s game. Please share your experience, because I am far from being an expert and still learn many things. Thanks for reading the reviews on Golf-Hook.com!