Are you a senior looking to improve your shots out of the tee box? We’ve got five of the top-selling golf drivers for older players. Stay tuned for some phenomenal products as well as a comprehensive buying guide.
Cobra 2018 Men’s King F8 Driver – Editor’s Choice
The carbon fiber crown with a movable heel and back weights help lower the club’s center of inertia. As a result, players are more likely to hit the ball high and long. The crown also helps to extend the club’s sweet spot. The enhanced forgiveness enables players to salvage off-center hits. It’s super easy to fine-tune this club’s center of gravity.
The Cobra also boasts an adjustable loft. The club’s proprietary My Fly 8 Smart Pad enables users to tune the loft to improve the trajectory and launch of their hits. Available loft settings range from 9.0 to 12.0 degrees. Consumers can choose between two different shafts, include the Aldila and the Tensei. Available flexes include regular and lite.
If you’re a senior who’s looking to improve your tee box hits, then this gorgeous matte black driver is the way to go.
- Precision-milled face
- Added-forgiveness and bigger sweet spot
- Thin and lightweight
- Dual roll technology
- Carbon fiber crown with movable center of gravity
- My Fly 8 with Smart Pad
- Learning curve to making adjustments
PGX Offset Golf Driver – Best Anti-Slice Technology
Bright white and green accents complement the matte black finish. The club’s 460-cubic centimeter clubface features an expanded sweet spot. It has a sleek metal surface with machined grooves on both sides.
This club has a standard loft of 10.5 degrees. It weighs 200 grams. The lie is 58 degrees and cannot be adjusted. The durable graphite shaft offers a senior-suited flex. While some users suggest that the PGX is made of inferior materials, we didn’t experience any issues with this driver. We believe it’s an excellent option for seniors looking to improve their long-distance shots.
- 460-cubic centimeter clubhead
- Matte black finish with white and green accents
- Large offset
- Loft of 10.5 degrees
- Includes a custom-fit clubhead cover
- Some quality control issues with head
TaylorMade M4 Driver – Biggest Sweet Spot
The patented Twist Face helps balls maintain a straight and far-reaching trajectory. The driver also has a high toe-centered loft. This helps create a powerful spin on off-center hits.
The club’s patented Hammerhead slot reduces the weight of the clubface without compromising power. Meanwhile, this wood produces an explosive sound whenever the ball makes contact with the clubface. The club’s sweet spot is significantly larger than that of conventional drivers. TaylorMade’s keen attention to detail gives M4 owners a one-of-a-kind tee box experience.
Overall, we love this club’s aesthetics. It has a clean black and silver exterior. The colored logos and accents will help you line up your hits. This is a highly forgiving, performance-enhancing driver for seniors.
- Proprietary clubface curvature
- Reduces spin for straighter shots
- Patented Hammerhead slot for improved clubface center of gravity
- 10.5-degree loft
- Lightweight graphite shaft
- Produces long, direct hits
Callaway Golf 2019 Epic Flash Driver – Best Upgrade Option
This unprecedented technology is called Jailbreak. It reinforces the driver’s crown and sole.
The Epic Flash also boasts a triaxial carbon crown with adjustable perimeter weights. Users can fine-tune the club’s center of gravity to increase their balls’ flight statistics. We also love the Flash’s aesthetics. The shiny black surface is complemented by sporty green and gold accents. Shaft offers include the Project X Even Flow Green, the Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue, the Project X HZRDUS Smoke.
If you are a senior who is looking to harness new technologies, be sure to check out the Epic Flash. This inspiring driver offers distance and precision gains. It is a bit pricey. Then again, few clubs get more use than the driver.
- Patented face technology improves the speed of balls (Flash Face)
- Created with the help of artificial intelligence
- Internal Jailbreak bars stiffen crown and sole for enhanced performance
- Adjustable perimeter weights for improved center of inertia
- Creates long, straight ball flights
- Patented 50-gram shaft called Project X Even Flow Green
Pinemeadow PGX Offset Golf Fairway Wood – Best Budget Option
At well under $!00, this is one of the more budget-friendly options on our list. Still, it manages to improve many performance factors.
The club is cast from premium 431 stainless steel. It is available with seven different lofts, ranging from 16 to 37 degrees. We love the club’s simple black, silver, green, and white colorway. What’s more, the standard Pinemeadow grip offers enhanced comfort in both high heat and adverse weather conditions. The standard graphite shaft is lightweight yet durable.
Many seniors say that this driver improved their hits. The high loft improves trajectory and distance. Not to mention, the offset clubhead makes it easier to line up shots.
- High loft for improved trajectory
- Large sweet spot on offset clubhead
- Impressive anti-slice technology
- Exceptionally forgiving
- Easily scratched
What makes a senior golf club different? We’ve got the lowdown what older players should be looking for when choosing a new wood.
Senior players often struggle to overcome the adversities of slower swing speeds. Since drivers are typically used to launch balls out of the tee box, movable weights optimize a club’s center of gravity. What’s more, patented clubface technologies increase a wood’s sweet spot. As a result, players with high handicaps can make the most of off-center hits.
Adjustable Lofts and Lies
A high loft will improve the trajectory of your shots. This is essential for seniors with slow swing speeds. We recommend looking for a club with a 10-degree loft or higher. An adjustable loft option will let you make changes as you progress as a player.
Most seniors choose drivers with seniors flexes. A senior flex simply improves the swing of your club. If your swing speed is slow, it will enhance your speed. As a result, your ball is likely to land even farther from the tee box.
A large offset will help you make the most of off-center hits. It will also help you to overcome your slicing habit. A large offest may also help you to improve the distance and accuracy of your shots.
Useful Video: PGX Offset Driver
Seniors like to play golf just like young and middle-aged golfers. The main criteria for drivers (that seniors will like) include forgiveness and the convenient design of club heads.
A club with the first strike, a long shaft, and a large head is what you need to look for in a golf driver for seniors. Originally, a driver was made by hand from persimmon wood, but later manufacturers decided to use steel and titanium. Shafts are usually made of composite graphite components or aluminum. Many players use a driver with an enlarged titanium clubhead, which increases the efficiency of hitting a golf ball.
Things to look for in the best golf drivers for seniors:
- The greater launch angle will provide a swing speed of 70-80 mph that is perfect when seniors play golf;
- Shaft’s weight and flexibility, as well as its length, directly affect the golfer’s speed and shots. Opt for the drivers with lighter, flexible and longer than average shafts;
- Check the driver’s design. The head must have a clear indicator showing where the center of the clubface;
- Pay attention to the driver’s response when you hit it. Try to practice with the clubs before buying them for good;
A golf driver for seniors must hit the ball as far as possible. The driver for seniors must have a small launch angle between a shaft and a clubhead. But experienced players use a steep loft (within 5°), as their swing speed is very high (more than 80 mph) and provides the added force of lifting the ball.
The shafts of these clubs are made of lightweight graphite and have different flexibility, which allows each player to choose a handle for himself.
Top 5 best golf drivers for seniors:
- Cobra drivers are good for left-hand golfers who look for a regular flex. They are made of Aldila NV 2KXV;
- PGX drivers go with headcovers and offset anti-slice tech;
- TaylorMade drivers are a great choice for right-hand golfers with a senior flex. The shafts are made of graphite;
- Callaway’s drivers come with a senior flex and a flow green project X Even;
- Pinemeadow drivers are made of stainless steel, with offset club heads;
The ultimate golf driver for seniors has to be Cobra’s F8 Driver. This club was designed with older players in mind. It boasts a precision-milled face that offers patented dual-roll technology. Most players say the club improved their speed, distance, and accuracy.
Coming in at a close second is the PGX Offset Golf Driver. This incredible wood helps you line up your shot for improved launch and trajectory.
There are so many fabulous driver options for seniors. You must choose a club that improves the speed and accuracy of your hits. A foregiving driver will hlep you keep your counts down. The right wood will give you an excuse to spend more time on the green.
Do you have a driver that you can’t live without? Let us know in the comment section.