Choose the Best Golf Driver For Beginners
Customer’s Choice: the Best Rated Golf Drivers For Beginners
1 users answered this survey. Please help us improve this review!
A quick look at the inventory at your local golf store will reveal an alarming reality. You have hundreds of viable choices. Without the proper information in your arsenal, you’re left to wonder which drivers are going to get you out of the tee box without causing a scene.
We have a simple yet effective method for choosing the best beginner drivers. As a result, we’ve gathered five of the top high-handicap options of 2020. Read along to discover all the benefits of these performance-boosting woods and find out how you can make the most of your next purchase.
PGX Offset Golf Driver – Editor’s Pick
It boasts lovely a matte black finish with vibrant white and green accents. What’s more, a protective head cover completes the package. As such, there’s no need to add this essential accessory to your seemingly ever-growing shopping cart.
Consumers can choose between a range of graphite shafts, including PGX’s Superfly White Graphite, Project X, and UST Proforce V2. At just under $50, this club will buff up your bag without emptying your wallet. Our only qualm is that the lovely matte finish is quick to develop scratches.
- Large offset offers anti-slice technology that’s perfect for beginners
- Max size 460-cc clubhead
- Matte black finish with green and white accents for enhanced visibility
- Large square face for straighter drives and higher launches
- Explosive sound
- Paint scratches easily
TaylorMade Men’s RBZ Black Driver – Best Distance Improvement
This club has an elegant black head and a sporty black and gold grip. At last, players can reduce their ball spin without jeopardizing their fairway image. This robust iron is engineered to assist players with low swing speeds. It will automatically add yards to your distance shots, giving you the edge and confidence you need to keep up with your golfing mates.
The lightweight Matrix White Tie 55 Shaft also makes it easy for inexperienced players to take control of their drives. The corrective nature of this club helps players make mishits a matter of the past. It doesn’t hurt that TaylorMade is one of the most valued golf club brands in the industry. It may take some players a little time to wrap their heads around all of the technological innovations. Still, that hasn’t stopped us from recommending it to all of our first-time golfing friends.
- Over-sized 460-cubic centimeter titanium clubhead
- Adjustable loft sleeve for optimized launch and trajectory
- Extended sweet spot offers automatic forgiveness
- Distance-stretching driver that’s perfect for golfers with double-digit handicaps
- Attractive black finish with high-contrast markings
- Instructions not included
TaylorMade M4 Women’s Driver – Women’s Favorite
This innovative part automatically corrects off-center hits. A hammerhead slot increases this club’s already over-sized sweet spot. You are sure to drive the ball several yards longer than you would with a run-of-the-mill wood.
The M4’s acoustic technology includes a recessed sole that produces explosive sounds upon contact. The club is available in right- and left-hand orientations. It has a 460-cubic centimeter clubhead. It comes with an adjustable 12-position loft sleeve that lets you change the face angle in subtle yet game-changing 4-degree increments. The TM Dual Feel 360 Grip gives you a tight hold of your gear no matter what the weather gods throw at you.
- Propriety Twist Face design helps redirect off-center hits balls
- Pronounced high-toe loft
- Hammerhead slot enhances this club’s huge sweet spot
- Geoacoustic technology for a snappy hitting sound
- The shaft is longer than usual
Cobra 2018 Golf Men’s King F8 Driver – Best Adjustment Options
However, the adjustable center of gravity loft system ensures that each Cobra owner can customize their clubhead’s angle of impact. The results are undeniably satisfying, with enhanced power and out-of-this-world launch trajectories.
It’s hard to get into all the details that make this club such a remarkable accessory. For one, its featherweight carbon fiber crown ensures that the weight is felt low in the back of the clubhead. Meanwhile, the carbon fiber DuPont Kevlar grip offers an unbelievably soft hand feel. Finally, the Aldila NV Blue 60 Graphite Shaft is designed to increase the comfort and control oft mid- to high-handicappers.
- An excellent option for low handicappers with high swing speeds
- Lage faceplate makes for more corrective mis-hits
- CNC-milled titanium face with proprietary E9 technology that increases ball speeds and distances
- Constant-roll radius improves launches and spins
- Lightweight feel may require some players to alter their swing styles
Cleveland Golf Men’s Launcher HB Driver – Best Upgrade Option
This club boasts a Miyazaki C Kua shaft made from premium graphite. The shaft is graspable and weighted with a grip-based center of gravity. You’ll pay extra for Cleveland’s innovative driving technologies, but you won’t regret it. After a few rounds of golf, you won’t be able to deny the fact that this club increases the speed, distance, and accuracy of off-center hits.
- HiBore Crown is ideal for high handicappers
- Cup-face launcher
- Unique flex fins
- Comes with a head cover
- Flexible graphite shaft
- Deep weighted sole pad with counterbalance shaft
- Inferior grip
What Should Beginners Look for in a Driver?
Most beginners just can’t muster the strength to pull off satisfactory swing speeds. Luckily, manufacturers roll out hundreds of innovative distance-boosting technologies each year. When shopping for a beginner driver, look for a large, level clubface. A forgiving and pronounced sweet spot will help you send your balls to the other side of the fairway. Heel and toe weights will also help you stabilize those off-center shots. As a result, you are more likely to send your hits along a fast and direct trajectory.
Offsets clubheads and lower centers of gravity help players with poor precision to correct their off-center hits. Many beginners are easily discouraged when their balls are constantly propelling to the sides. A more balanced and forgiving clubhead offers more accurate outcomes. With a little practice, you’ll be able to graduate to more advanced irons.
When you’re looking for a new driver, you must focus on comfort. Most inexperienced golfers prefer to use lightweight drivers. A lighter setup usually translates to more distance. After all, you don’t have to spend as much energy to garner fast swings. The length of your golf club also has an impact on your potential. Most men’s club’s measure anywhere from 45 to 47 inches. Women’s drivers tend to be an inch or two shorter. Get sized at your local sporting store before purchasing a new driver.
Building a golf bag from the ground up can be expensive, especially if you’re looking to get that premium feel. You don’t have to stretch your budget to lay your hands on a premium golf driver. Expect to spend anywhere from $50 to $500. Do your homework before selecting a specific brand or model. Companies roll out new clubs every season. Occasionally, advanced models will fall short of the expectations set by their predecessors.
Interesting Video: TaylorMade RocketBallz Driver
High beginners usually try to achieve the level of semi-professionals in handicaps. To make this dream come true, he or she won’t do without a great golf driver. Each set of golf clubs should have a few high-performance drivers to improve the speed of swings. Many years of my experience and tests proved that there are a few essential criteria to look for in drivers if you are a high beginner.
The guide for golfers – things to consider when selecting a golf driver
- Pay attention to the head shape of a driver. It can be square or round. The shape results in different performance and high beginners must pick drivers that are good and convenient for swinging. I recommend buying drivers with round heads because they are awesome to practice golf drills and increase the swing’s speed. Besides, such drivers won’t be stuck on the lawn and turf;
- The shaft’s length also matters – the general advice is to purchase a driver compatible with a golfer’s height. Otherwise, too long shafts will result in bad performance and low speed of swings;
- Also, make sure that the driver’s head material is whether titanium, zinc, aluminum or stainless steel. Shafts must be made of graphite or steel;
- Opt for drivers with high lofts in case you want to skip any side spins, it is quite important for beginners. Also, a high loft helps to achieve the ball going high, i.e. to determine the direction and angle of the flying ball;
As for the price, my budget for a new golf driver at the semi-professional level is usually average, do not buy too cheap or expensive clubs – they have to be just fine to practice a lot.
My top 5 best golf drivers for high beginners:
- PGX offers a good driver for right-hand players, with a headcover included;
- TaylorMade produces great custom graphite drivers for left-hand men and women;
- TaylorMade is another custom driver for right-hand ladies;
- Cobra manufactures awesome drivers made of Aldila NV, with a regular flex;
- Cleveland drivers are made of graphite and have a regular flex;
We hope you enjoyed our rundown of top golf drivers. After spending countless hours testing out various irons, we’re happy to name Pinemeadow’s Golf PGX Offset Driver as our top beginner pick. This driver offers unmatched distance, speed, and control. You will finally be able to nail those difficult-to-master opening shots. We hope this guide helped you to hone in on some game-improving tools. Post a comment below to let us know what driver you’re using this golf season.